The results are in...guess who's #1?

The results of LA Ball Talks team blog contest are in. And once again, Jazz fans have made it clear that True Blue Jazz is their favorite Jazz blog on the Internet. Thanks to all who voted. Stay tuned because we have big big BIG news on the way....Prepare for Jazz heaven.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Brock's First Run-In with J.C.


Hope that headline caught your attention. While we are on the subject of Jarron Collins I thought I would bring up my first run in with the third string Jazz Man himself.
Many of you do not know this but in my younger days I was the Sports Editor for the Globe, Salt Lake Community College's school paper. I had the opportunity to cover the 2002 Rocky Mountain Review. The best part was the fact that I got to wear my credentials and go back in the locker room, sit on the front row etc. Well, I thought they were worth something until I noticed the janitors 12-year old son had the same credentials I did.
Anyhow, after the game I went into the locker room and tried to figure out who I would interview, what I would say, etc. etc. In walks Jarron Collins, so I walk up to him and say, "Hey Jarron, do you have I minute?" To which he said, "why?" This was off to a great start. Then I told him I just wanted to ask him a few questions about the review for the SLCC newspaper. "Who are you?" Jarron said. I tried to make it sound like I had any credibility at all. It was not looking good at all, in fact, I was praying that someone else would cut in and take over or I would pass out etc. But I pulled it together just like Bob Costas would and gathered enough info for an award winning article. Here is my interview with Jarron Collins:

"...Sure these teams want to win and the players want to prove themselves, but the Rocky Mountain Review was also a time to get out there and have fun. "I enjoy being out there and it's a good opportunity to play with a lot of new guys," said Jazz center Jarron Collins. The Review was also a good opportunity for fans to come out and watch future stars of the NBA without having to take out a loan from the bank. The price of the Rocky Mountain Review: Five dollars a day...."

Thanks Jarron for putting a complete halt in any interest I had being a Sports Reporter/broadcaster. Good luck this season.
P.S. You must know you are not going to play because last time I saw you check into a game you ran to the table to check in, took your warm up pants off, some sort of wind breaker, a long sleeve Jazz Tee, and finally a short sleeve tee. Good night, does it get cold at the end of the bench. Do you want my mother-in-law to make you a Jazz Quilt or something to go on top of all that? Let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked your article,but did not appreciate the sacrelgious heading,remember who you are next time you post.

Anonymous said...

Booner, is this the interview that ended your dream as a sports reporter? Hope that dux bag Jarron Collins doesn't come in to buy a car from you! Keep the dream alive, you would be great!

Anonymous said...

Is this who ended your dream of being a sports reporter? Hopefully he never tries to buy a car from you! Keep the dream alive Booner, you would be great!