The results are in...guess who's #1?

The results of LA Ball Talks team blog contest are in. And once again, Jazz fans have made it clear that True Blue Jazz is their favorite Jazz blog on the Internet. Thanks to all who voted. Stay tuned because we have big big BIG news on the way....Prepare for Jazz heaven.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Awkward Moments in Jazz History


So, I am going to go out on a limb and say tonight's game has to be one of the most awkward moments in Jazz history. Not that I can recall that many awkward moments to begin with, but, can you imagine what Giricek is thinking coming in to tonight's game? Not only that, but it has to be weird for fans too. Do you boo, cheer, hiss, moan, or do you not do anything at all. I know what I would do, but chances are I would be in the bathroom anyway so my opinion doesn't matter. It can't be too comfortable for Korver either. I don't think he left on as bad of terms as Giri did, but still, weird. If I were either of them, I would fake sick.

If you can think of any other awkward moments in Jazz history please comment. The only other ones I can think of are as follows (in no particular order:)


1. Fisher coming back to the E.S.A as a Laker

2. Karl coming back with his friend Kobe and both of them sat at the end of the bench faking injuries and pleading innocence in Kobe's Rape case. I was at this game and they were both keeping a very low-profile sneaking in late and leaving early.

3. Even more awkward was the show they put on the jumbo-tron of the Jazz Bear making fun of Karl and Kobe...didn't the Jazz get sued for that?

4. Seeing Mark Eaton drunk as a skunk at his restaurant "Tuscany" for Jr. Prom or something. Thanks Mark. Oh , and thanks Whistle for ordering Salmon.

5. Larry H. Miller coming out on retro night in his tight shorts and old school jersey. I'm going to be honest, part of every jazz fans innocence was lost that night.


Like I said, if you have any more awkward memories, please comment. Good luck tonight Jazz. I'm still bitter but I am riding this Korver high for now so I say Jazz win 111-103. Giri will go off for 30 though and at some point after he drains a three he will turn to Sloan and do that "booby shake" girls do where you put your arms out and shimmy...you know what I am saying? Most guys would maybe do the finger to lips "shh" thing, flex their muscles, or just a cold shoulder in general but Giri isn't that smart.


Late,


Booner

No comments: