The results are in...guess who's #1?

The results of LA Ball Talks team blog contest are in. And once again, Jazz fans have made it clear that True Blue Jazz is their favorite Jazz blog on the Internet. Thanks to all who voted. Stay tuned because we have big big BIG news on the way....Prepare for Jazz heaven.

Friday, January 11, 2008

The NBA D-League, It's Faaannnnntastic

I hope all of the fans in attendance last night got a discount on their tickets, I would have been a little pissed that 5 regular players were out for this game. It really was a D-League roster on the floor for the Suns at some points in that game. No only did Kevin Harlan and Michael Jordan's old coach spend the whole 4th quarter talking about how great the D-league is, they also did a piece on the Millsap brothers and showed about 15 Utah Flash clips with Morris Almond. I bet they got it put together about 5 mintes before the game started so they would have something to talk about other than the game when they realized it was going to be a blow-out. They were actually excited to DJ Strawberry guarding Morris Almond. Just a quick recap on the various injuries that were on display in last nights game that caused this train wreck to occur - with the true ailment in parentheses.

S. Nash - Stomach Flu (I actually believe Steve here, nothing like trying to play basketball with the trots. He gets a pass for missing the game.)

G. Hill - Apendix surgery (Kind of hard to fake this so he gets a pass as well. However, I was a little freaked out when Michael Jordans old coach brought up the fact that Grant texted him and said that he was sorry they were not going to be able to get together in Salt Lake. Kind of brokeback if you ask me.)

S. Marion - Bruised elbow (Fishy alert, fishy alert! I would bet $100.00 that he bailed on this game as soon as Nash was officially out. I can see him sitting in his suite at the hotel and watching ESPN report that nash was officially not going to make it to the game and then going through a list of fake injuries that he could give to his coach. After running through all of them he choose the hurt elbow and then slammed it on the table and went to the trainer complaining about pain. What a dux, I am glad that the Jazz did not trade AK for this guy.)

A. Kirilenko - Back Spasms (Speaking of AK, he is just taking his annual "Back Spasms" break for the year. At least he is consistent with this injury each year. I am giving him an A effort, its hard to keep faking back injuries, but somehow he gets it done.)

M. Harpring - Wife in Labor (I miss the good old days when the players would skip the births of their children to play. Somewhere along the way all of the women got together and decided that it was just crap that they were not there and now its acceptible to go the birth and miss a game. What can you do right?)

Congrats on the new baby though Matt, just be sure to hire a good nanny, I don't want to see you coming to games looking like you have been up 4 times in the night changing diapers like Memo did last year.

As predicted, D-will went And-1 on us, but he actually pulled it off today. The ally-oops were sweet to everyone in the bulding but Sloan. One more thing to bring up, if the Jazz can win on Saturday night that will be 3 in row, officially ending my bitterness strike. If that happens you should see a distinct difference in the quality of my postings. I think that the bitterness brings out the best in me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, you really are bitter. I guess I can understand that given the Jazz' record and standings.

As a Suns fan, I thought we had it bad with the entire Suns world committing harry-carry (that's where you pick up the Gorrilla and stab him in the gut) after each loss.

I would disagree though about Marion. He fell HARD against Indy and really gutted out the rest of the game w/ only one wing. He and LB were also suffering from the same gut rot that took out Nash (and Bell a few days prior).

We were even treated via radio to a blow-by-flow description of LB's pre-game puking by Suns beat writer Paul Coro.

There are certainly some guys who's heart can be questioned (a certain Leno-jawed Russian comes to mind) but Marion doesn't skip games. I was actually glad he skipped this one to get healthy for us even though that led to a D-league result for the evening. Don't worry - we will give you a nice show next time we meet on March 7th.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the clarification on Matrix, I did not see the fall from the game before. I cant stand all of the fake injuries in the league these days and if was really hurt than I take back back the "fishy alert".

I loved the "Harry Carry". We need to come up with a catch phrase for the Jazz bear when we all go nuts.

Pick-n-Roll said...

Couldn't agree more boys...Harping skipping the game is an insult to the sporting world. Hell I got my name by way of my Dad missing my birth (thanks Dad!!!).

As for game it was about what I expected. I would have liked to have seen more of Korver and Almond once the Jazz increased the lead, but J-Slo knows nothing safe with this team. D-Will was Strong, but he should have been able to handle Leonardo "The Black Hole" Barbosa anytime and every time..

Side note..Memo one game against the Bingham JV doesn’t mean you’re out of my dog house. Keep shooting Memo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amare has a way of making a lot of "players" look good in the post...I wouldn't read too much into it either.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Matrix is the last guy in the league I'd talk about like that. The guy has hardly ever missed a game in his entire career, plays through injuries all the time. He's tough and takes a lot of pride. That nonsense you spoke was totally uncalled for.

Brock Kassing said...

Wow. Note to self, never, ever speak ill of the Matrix. That will come back to haunt you.