Preview: This game has all the makings of a classic. I hope the stadium is sold out and that the crowd gets into it, because this is what NBA basketball is all about. I'm as pumped up for this game as any game this season. As long as we keep Linas' blanket away from him, the Jazz should prevail.
Deron should be an all-star. I know it. You, the reader, know it. The coaches know it. The only problem? The game is being played in New Orleans and they had to make room for two hometown heroes. Deron, if you are reading this blog, which let's face it, you probably are because all Jazz men do...you are an All-Star in the eyes of My Utah Jazz (cue "Hero" by Enrique Iglesias). Boozer needs a big game tonight. He's starting slow and needs to attack Camby, without getting blocked 7 times. Jazz up big at the half. Don't worry, Denver WILL be back.
Here are a few of the things I wrote down during the 2nd half:
- Are you kidding me Memo? Shaved pits? Not a good look for you...or any man.
Kyle Korver. K3 as he is being labeled. Dude is incredible. When he gets the ball off the curl, he is already in shooting motion and releasing by the time his body catches up and squares to the basket. Almost impossible to defend. My Utah Jazz 's Kyle...so do our moms.
- Denver is a bunch of thugs. This has been written a million times, but it is true. This team has very little sportsmanship and has ZERO respect for the game. That is why it feels so good when a quality organized group of basketball players beats the street bangers. Proof that running an intriquite offense takes more than "hops and headbands". Martin should get fined for his foul on Brewer.
- Matt Harpring vs. Kenyon Martin. At what point is Kenyon going to pull out a 'shiv' from the locker room and knife Matty in the neck?
- Matt Harpring vs. Carmelo. This feud has been going on for years. Matty is a tough trucker that is for sure. He doesn't back down from anyone.
- Matt Harpring vs. Eduardo Najera. This is a new one. Najera has potential, but his career has been poisoned by playing in Denver with all of the thugs. He could be a great player outside of McNugget-ville.
- Melo fouling out. My wife pointed out that Carmelo must have thought Harpring was the one bumping into him. It was AK. Had it been Harpring there would have been no foul called guaranteed.
- Jazz playing with only 1.25 black guys on the court. I love this lineup. Memo, Harp, Korver, Deron and Boozer.
This guys has superstar written all over him. A Class act that Slick Williams. Jazz missed 3 or 4 easy shots in the final 90 seconds to put this game away.
Boozer goes 3-15? Where does this guy go in our big games? Time to bring it back home Carlos. I want at least a 30-15 at Sacto Friday.
What an amazing game. This one will go down in the books. This game did a few things for me, such as reminding me how I absolutely, positively, without a doubt, with every fiber of my being, I HATE THE DENVER McNUGGETS. I feel bad that the good folks of Colorado have to have these classless thugs roaming the streets in their Escalades.
Final Score: Jazz 118, McNuggets 115 (and no, I never get tired of typing McNuggets)
Best game of the season so far. It was as close to a playoff game as Denver is going to get. So I hope you McNuggets fans enjoyed it. Jazz have won 10 in a row and still can't get front page news at NBA.com or ESPN.com . No worries. I hate them both (minus the fact I check out both sites an average of 7 times an hour, keep up the good work boys).
Here is some links to read about how the McNuggets got screwed in this game:
Pickaxe and Roll
The Nugg Doctor
(very bitter McNuggets fan, but a great fan none-the-less)
Other Jazz bloggers
Biased Fan (aren't we all?)