The results are in...guess who's #1?

The results of LA Ball Talks team blog contest are in. And once again, Jazz fans have made it clear that True Blue Jazz is their favorite Jazz blog on the Internet. Thanks to all who voted. Stay tuned because we have big big BIG news on the way....Prepare for Jazz heaven.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Random Jazz Notes for 5-November-08

Here is the latest Jazz notes floating around the NBA.

-ESPN has Boozer ranked very high in their current MVP Race. Vote for Kirilenko for 6th man of the year (I can't believe I just typed that)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/awards?page=awards-081104
CB Jack: Can there even be an MVP race 3 games into the season?

-Paul Millsap is "Not consumed by minutes or money matters"
http://deseretnews.com/article/content/mobile/1,5620,705260641,00.html?printView=true
CB Jack: Yeah he may not be consumed, but we as fans are.

-The inevitable Hall of Fame process has started for Stockton and Sloan.
http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_10904019
CB Jack: Sloan's acceptance speech would go something like this "Thanks…what the hell am I supposed to do with this?"

-Blazers Edge breaks down tonight's game. I think they really like the Jazz up there in Liberalville.
http://www.blazersedge.com/2008/11/5/654197/game-4-preview-blazers-vs
CB Jack: I think they really like the Jazz up there in Liberalville.

-The Utah Jazz will honor their Olympians tonight.
http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/0809_jazz_honor_olympians.html
CB Jack: Boozer should only get to be honored the last 15 seconds of the ceremony once it's basically over. That might make him feel more deserving of any credit.



5 comments:

JC said...

Jazz are 7 point favorites with an O/U of 186. I'll take the Blazers to cover but the Jazz to win, and the over. Keep in mind though, that I had the Clippers at +7 and the over and got demolished on both.

I was a little scared of this game coming into the season, but with no Oden and no Aldridge we should out-rebound them 90-12

M. D. said...

I would guess the jazz cover.

Jordan Buxton said...

No Aldridge? I wasn't aware of that. I thought it was just Oden and Webster out tonight.

Unknown said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whao, waho....are going to start placing bets? This just got interesting if we are. Count me in, unless my Bishop is reading this, in that case my real name is Booner.

JC said...

ERROR ERROR: It's Webster, not Aldridge, that's out. Good catch Cal.

Still...Jazz are +8 statistically in the rebound dept. As long as Fernandez doesn't have a typical Vujacic-type game, we should be ok.